Visit the Eight Rooms of the Longport Historic Museum 2305 Atlantic Avenue, Longport, NJ 08403
"Longport - The Way We Were"
The museum is equipped with an outdoor ramp and stair chairs to the 2nd and 3rd floors.
The 1882 Room
- Artifacts and pictures of Longport’s First Families.
- History of the Church of the Redeemer.
- The disappearance of the first ten streets of Longport.
- Developers of Longport
- The Frye family
The Devonshire Room
- The first homes, hotels, and summer residents.
- Ferry boats, trains, trolleys, and buses.
- Amelia Earhart on the beach in Longport.
- Ozzie’s, The Longport Inn, Longport Marine, Gospel Hall,
The Canterbury, Winchester House, The Widener School, and Larry’s Pier.
The Police Room
- Fingerprinting, Cameras, and old Police Equipment.
- Police Reports from the 1920’s and 1930’s.
- The DePamphilis Collection.
- Visit our adjoining jail cells.
- Longport Junior Police
- FBI Training in Longpor
The Ocean Room
- Rum Runners
- Life Savers and the Coast Guard
- Longport Beach Patrol
- The Ice Cream Man
- The Kelly Mile
- Beach Pictures
The Storm Room
- Early Nor’easters and Hurricanes
- The Hurricane of ‘44
- The March ’62 Storm
- Super Storm Sandy
Volunteer Fire Company Room
- Old Fire Fighting Apparatus and Apparel
- Pictures of Longport Fires
- 100 Year History of the Fire Company
- Fire Hats Over the Years
The Betty Bacharach Room
- Miss Longport
- Our Men at War
- Leon Leopardi – Our Night Mayor
- The Longport Mothers’ Holiday Club
- The Flying Nun
- Billy Kretchmer’s Wall
- Hollywood Stars in Longport
The Map and Reference Room
- Platt Books of Longport
- Longport Directories
- Longport Videos
- LP News Clippings since 1885
- Longport Reference Books
- Lincoln’s Bed – Maybe!